We provide daily visiting hours at SUN Behavioral. In fact, we encourage the involvement of loved ones during the treatment process. There are guidelines that we ask visitors to follow. These include, but are not limited, to the following requirements.
- All visitors must check in the main lobby with the receptionist, obtain a visitor badge, and sign the visitor confidentiality form. Visitors will be asked to sign out on the register upon leaving.
- Visitors will be required to leave personal belongings in their car. Cell phones are not permitted on the unit as they may contain a camera, which violates our policy on confidentiality.
- All visitors must respect the program rules and all patients’ privacy, or they will be asked to leave.
- Any belongings and/or packages brought to patients must be checked in by staff.
- Anyone appearing under the influence will be asked to leave.
- We welcome patient families/significant others to visit during the scheduled visiting hours. There is a limit of two guests during visiting times.
- If the scheduled visitation hours cannot be met, special accommodations can be made. If visitation is during mealtime, up to two visitors are able to share the meal with the patient at no charge on weekends only.
- Visitors of any age are welcome. Patients and visitors should speak to their therapist, nursing staff or physician to make special accommodations for visitation.
- Patients who have visitors who are unable to visit during regular visiting hours must obtain permission from the treatment team if visiting will continue during off hours. Clergy and attorneys are welcome at any time.
- Patients may have their pets visit them. Proof must be shown that they are up-to-date on their shots. Pets must be friendly and remain on a leash at all times. We ask that prior arrangements be made with our treatment team to accommodate a visiting pet.