A path to recovery and wellness
Millions of Americans suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks and other conditions. It can be a lonely, confusing and emotional experience. But you are not alone. If you or someone you love is struggling, we can help. At SUN, we’ve created a caring, healing environment and will be there for every step of your journey to recovery.
Help in a Time of Crisis
SUN’s Outpatient Program helps patients who may be transitioning from inpatient care or who need more intensive treatment than that offered by traditional outpatient programs. In a time of crisis, our psychiatrists and expert therapists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. SUN combines an experienced and knowledgeable staff with industry leading best practices to give every patient a path to recovery and wellness. Our Outpatient Program includes two important services:
Partial Hospitalization Program
For patients who may be transitioning from inpatient care or who may need more intensive treatment in a time of crisis to prevent the need for hospitalization.
- Patients attend five groups per day, five days a week
- Groups focus on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Coping Skills Training and WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan), an evidence-based system to help people attain the highest level of wellness or relapse prevention
- Our team of psychiatrists provides comprehensive medication management
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
For the individual who may be stepping down from partial hospitalization but still requires the support and structure IOP provides (or who may need more intensive treatment than that offered by traditional outpatient care).
- Patients attend three groups per day, three days a week
- Sessions include a daily process group (to work through current issues), cognitive therapy, and the daily WRAP or relapse prevention group
Key components of treatment include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Support groups (including 12-step groups)
- Relapse prevention
- Stress management and life skills development
- Problem solving
- Family therapy
- Collaboration with outpatient providers
- Aftercare planning for continued recovery