Help when it’s needed most
Millions of Americans suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks and other conditions. It can be a lonely, confusing and emotional experience. But you are not alone. If you or someone you love is struggling, we can help. At SUN, we’ve created a caring, healing environment and will be there for you every step of your journey to recovery.
A Path to Recovery
As one of the country’s most comprehensive behavioral health organizations, SUN works to make life better and create positive outcomes for anyone dealing with mental health issues. Our psychiatrists and master’s level therapists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is no single cure for the complex emotional issues at the heart of mental health disorders, but we’ll help uncover and resolve the often longstanding psychological issues that can affect mood, attitudes and behaviors.
SUN combines an experienced and knowledgeable staff with industry-leading best practices to give every patient a path to recovery and wellness. Our mental health programs are designed to help patients experiencing any of the following:
- Depression, hopelessness
- Thoughts or actions of self-harm
- Decreased ability (or inability) to function and complete activities of daily living
- Mood swings
- Anxiety, persistent worry, panic attacks
- Auditory or visual hallucinations or delusional thinking
- Increased impulsivity and risk-taking behavior
Our program uses evidence-based treatment, including everything from psychopharmacology to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Our trauma care approach uses the principles of safety, empowerment, trustworthiness, collaboration and choice.
The SUN team guides each patient through the process and provides the tools necessary for recovery. Patients are empowered to be the experts in their own healing. SUN’s treatment features include:
- Psychiatrists and nurse practitioners
- Compassionate around-the-clock nursing care
- Life skills and healthy living groups
- Stress management
- Problem solving
- Recreational therapy
- Family therapy
- Collaboration with outpatient providers
- Aftercare planning for continued recovery