Mindfulness: An Approach to Stress Reduction
THIS CE IS NOW FULL. Check back soon for next month’s CE.
In partnership with Nemeth Counseling and Consultation, we invite you to attend our free virtual Zoom Continuing Education Course on June 26, 2020 — Mindfulness: An Approach to Stress Reduction
This workshop/training will provide attendees with a basic understanding of the body’s stress response, the effects of stress on the mind and body, and the concept of Mindfulness as an approach to reduction of stress and improvement of well-being and mental health. Specifically, the training will explore the origin, definition, benefits of and research/evidence for the use of Mindfulness as an evidence-based practice for therapeutic treatment, including reduction of symptoms and improvement in functioning. Some attention will be given to addressing current affairs. Attendees will learn at least 20 interventions/techniques that can be utilized by clinicians to reduce their own impact of stress, as well as being able to teach these interventions to clients for integration into treatment planning.
Goals and Learning Objectives:
- Provide attendees with a basic understanding of the body’s stress response, the effects of stress on the mind and body.
- Learn more about the concept of Mindfulness as an approach to reduction of stress and improvement of well-being and mental health.
- Offer practical ways to help clinicians find balance and inner peace.
- Provide at least 20 interventions/techniques that can help reduce your own stress in your personal life.
- Provide practical ways, tools and skills to implement mindfulness evidence-based practices into your sessions with clients/patients, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Utilize certain techniques in the session in order to practically put our learnings into practice.
Presented by Heather Willey, LISW-S
Heather has been practicing mindfulness and meditation personally for 15 years, and has integrated Mindfulness as an evidence-based approach into her practice with clients increasingly over the course of the past ten years, with children/adolescents, adults and couples/families. This has included work with clients in the Franklin County foster care system, through community mental health, and now current clinical practice at Nemeth Counseling and Consultation.
Her completion of EMDR Basic Training, has also supported her use of Mindfulness in the clinical setting.
Friday, June 26, 2020
10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
3 credit hours
Provider Approval Program #RCS091803
This CE is now full. Please check back for next month’s CE.
This CE will take place virtually via the Zoom app. Once all attendees have registered, we will email a meeting link.
If you know someone struggling with substance abuse and addiction, we can help. Call SUN first at 614-706-2786.